Monday, September 17, 2007

Technorati..

I've been exposed to Technorati in the past, and I still don't see where I'd use it in my every day life very much.

There are several things that are good about Technorati, if you're a power blogger--you can see how much you're quoted and tracked and keep an eye on your overall ratings. If you're wanting to track the dissemination of a story or some other meme across the blogosphere, you can do that fairly easily. You can also track trends using Technorati.

However, I'm not a power blogger, and it's unlikely that I ever will be, so that's not something I pay very much attention to. Also, I find that technorati is very difficult to navigate and use and their FAQ's are nearly impossible to locate. It's geared towards people who are already "in the know" and it's not very forgiving of those who are not.

Still, if you're looking to somewhere to go to find new information or see what's hot right now--technorati is a good tool for that. Especially their listing of what's popular right now .

No comments: